Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Zoo Day/Checking out Joe's Farm Grill

Joe's Farm Grill....

Well, my mom and I took the boys to the zoo yesterday and had a great time! Ethan and I got to pet the stingrays, which was really cool. Then after the zoo, we went out to eat at, as Ethan call's it, The Frenck Try Store (a.k.a. In 'n Out). Although I gotta say, after Scott and I stopped eating red meat about 3 mos ago, it wreaked havoc on me! LOL... After that we stopped by that new restaurant, called Joe's Farm Grill (something like that?!) out on Ray and just W of Higley. It's an old house that was converted by the family to this cute little restaurant. You order at the window and then they have picnic tables under these large mature trees (a rarity in the suburbs of PHX) and some tables inside as well. The thing that I think is neat about the place is that they grow most of their veggies right on site! Then they use all natural, hormone free meats and no trans fats! That is my kind of restaurant. Ha, ha...Anyway, we went out there just to see it, not eat more :). Oh and they also have this really cute coffee shop/bakery. Yum! It's a great place to take the kids, as they can run around in the grass, around the trees, while you enjoy your meal. Oh and one last thing, you get $10 off on your bday, with your ID, of course! They are owned by Joe's BBQ, so you could do Joe's Farm Grill for Lunch and Joe's BBQ for dinner!! That is what I am planning on doing for my bday. ha, ha... Ok, enough of my free advertising for this place, here are the zoo pics....
Ethan by the giraffes...
Ethan, Rhys and mom by the lemur's...

No comments: