Thursday, February 22, 2007

And this is what it's usually like in the Hodin household...

Well, we're all sick over here! It started last Tuesday, with Scott waking up feeling yucky with a sore throat and cough, etc. He stayed home Tuesday and Wednesday (yeah, makes for a fun Valentine's day!) sick. I worked Wed and came down with a sore throat Thurs and then I had to work Fri as well. Anyway, by Fri morning, Rhys started getting the nighttime cough going and also had the fun green stuff coming out of his nose (we affectionately call them 'snot rockets'). So, we stayed home all weekend, as to not spread our cooties to the masses! By Monday, I wake up with a SEVERE sore throat, it was bad! Tues it was worse, so off to the Dr I went. After a super fun strep throat test (read: LONG Q-tip swiped back and forth along the back of your red, painful throat) that turned out negative...the doc said I have acute sinusitis (a nasty sinus infection). So off I go to the drug store to get my antibiotics (thank you Lord that Wal-Mart now has $4 generics :)). Well, it is now Thursday and I still feel yucky, Scott is off to the docs today and Rhys is still coughing. Fun, fun...

And it just gets better...today as I drop Ethan off at school, Rhys becomes fascinated with this pretty mud puddle (we're talking, thick gooey nasty mud). I turn around for one second and the next thing I know, he has fallen in it. Now, here I am at school with a 21 month old with thick mud all over his pants, socks, shoes, hands and now shirt because he's wiping his hands on it. Fortunately it is a balmy 75 degrees or so, so I strip him to his diaper, leave his clothes in a pile in the grass and run inside the classroom with a half naked baby in my arms. I wash him in the bathroom, grab a plastic bag and head home with a sad little boy who has no clothes on
:(....Fortunately, the mess was easy to clean up and he is now sleeping soundly.

Now, on to something GOOD that has happened this week. Rhys did the CUTEST thing this week. I was putting my shoes on and he runs up to me going teek-a, teek-a, teek-a, while moving his fingers back and forth on my armpits. He learned how to play tickle-tickle and was practicing on mommy :). Now we'll tell him, go tickle dad or Ethan, he runs up, grinning and does his teek-a teek-a move. So cute! I got it on our digital in video, so I will try to post on here if possible.

No comments: